Find Your Purpose

It's easy to live your life day by day, but it's hard to live with a larger purpose. WHY are you here? WHAT are you doing? WHY are you doing it? Simple questions with an infinite amount of loaded answers. Many students that enter college have no idea what they want out of their education. For some, it may take the full four years to determine what they want their future to look like - for others, it may be the first time they step foot into a lecture. For YOU, it can be as soon as you join Alpha Kappa Psi. Hear from Mu Class' Brother Kayla Blasco about when she found her purpose.


Kayla Jann Blasco | 4th Year | MBE & ECON/ARTS Minor | Mu Class

"I joined Alpha Kappa Psi rather young, right after I turned 18. Coming from San Jose, CA, I was still learning what college was all about and adapting to moving to a small city. I had no idea who I was, nor where I planned on going. All I knew was that I wanted to have fun. I was all about taking everything day by day, only worrying about things that were due the following day, as I felt that things that weren’t immediately due could be worried about later. I took every opportunity for fun that I could, only achieving exactly what I needed to in order to get by. At this time, all that mattered in life for me was pretty much whatever was happening at that given moment.

In the second semester of my freshman year, I grew curious about greek life and was highly intrigued by organizations that claimed to offer an opportunity for knowledge and growth, in which someone referred me to Alpha Kappa Psi. The high competition and reputation of a difficult, rigorous process is what drew me to this organization because I love a good challenge. And in a short 8-week period, a challenge is exactly what I received, though that isn’t the only thing this process offered. Every single obstacle thrown at me throughout my process and general membership/leadership positions in this organization has given me a return of some type of skill, sometimes a hard skill and other times a soft skill. No matter which one it was, there has always been a consistency in my growth: learning something that makes me a better professional and a better person. Being in Alpha Kappa Psi helped me discover my life ambitions. I don’t do things anymore to simply get by. Now I use the guidance given to me from Alpha Kappa Psi to move with purpose, and it’s that purpose I use to remind myself why I’m here, why I want what I want, and that I’ll stop at nothing to get it :-)"

Comments

Popular Posts